Invisalign Etobicoke braces uses new technology to offer you the straightest way to a great smile. These removable invisible aligners will straighten your teeth without anyone realising you are receiving orthodontic treatment. With Invisalign Etobicoke, offered at Eatonville Dental, there are no metal wires or brackets, only proven results. It is a comfortable and convenient way to straighten teeth and to have a beautiful smile. Here are some common questions we’ve been asked by patients about clear aligners to help with your decision if Invisalign Etobicoke treatment is right for you!
What should I expect during Invisalign Etobicoke treatment?
- Your ‘bite’ will feel different from time to time while the teeth are in transition.
- You may speak with a slight lisp at first while your tongue adjust to the aligners- this usually goes away within a few days of changing each tray.
- Your dentist may place attachments (“buttons”), a small bump on your tooth, before/during treatment, assisting the aligner to move the tooth.
- You mightexperience dry mouth, so drink plenty of water or opposite of that a lot more salivation.
Will the aligners hurt? How comfortable are the aligners?
- While wearing clear aligners is generally not painful, there will be brief periods, days not weeks, when the new aligners may cause the teeth to be uncomfortable.
- It’s fairly common to experience some tenderness or sensitivity for the first few days of wearing a new aligner. However, the more you wear the aligner the more comfortable they become. Sores and irritation are possible but really don’t occur that often.
Are the aligners hard to keep clean? How do I clean them?
- No. The aligners are fairly simple to keep clean, however, tooth decay, periodontal disease, decalcification (permanent markings on the teeth) or inflammation of the gums may occur if proper oral hygiene and preventative maintenance are not maintained.
- Most aligners can be cleaned with a toothbrush and cool water. A non-abrasive toothpaste is also recommended.
How long will I be in treatment?
- That depends entirely on the treatment goals you set with your doctor and the amount of correction that needs to be achieved. Treatment time can at times exceed estimates. Poor compliance, missing appointments, excessive bone growth, poor oral hygiene and broken appliances can make treatment time longer, increase costs and affect the quality of your results.
- Treatment time can also vary considerably depending on an individual’s health and physiology. Much of orthodontic tooth movement relies on metabolism and bone remodeling. Further, the rate of tooth movement is not always linear and also depends on the type of movement being performed. For these reasons, treatment times are estimates based on the doctor’s clinical examination findings and experience.
What is the daily wear schedule?
It’s recommended that you wear the aligners 22 hours a day. They should be removed for meals only, brushing and flossing before re-inserting the aligner. If not worn for up to 22 hours a day, the corrective process can be halted and within a few hours begin to reverse. It can then take several days for this process to start up again. Wearing your aligners 22 hours a day is key to achieving your treatment goals.
How long should I wear an aligner before going to the next one?
The wear schedule is determined by the doctor taking into account the individual’s malocclusion, health history, treatment setup and goals. It commonly ranges between 1 and 3 weeks and may not always be the same increment of time during the entire treatment. Compliance with wearing the aligner and type of tooth movement being performed are central factors in determining aligner changes.
What will happen when I’m done with treatment?
While the Invisalign Etobicoke treatment aligners will have a determined period of wear based upon the treatment goals, the retainers may have to be worn for an extended period of time based upon the condition of the treatment result. The doctor will recommend a retainer wear schedule or maybe a lingual wire (which is cemented on the back of your teeth and non-removable) for you based on your dentition and what correction was done.
Have you always dreamed of having straighter teeth? It’s never too late! Is Invisalign Etobicoke the right orthodontic and aesthetic option for you? To find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign treatment at Eatonville Dental, contact us today to book your FREE, no-obligation consultation, 416-233-0333.